Do you want to be a Safety Smart transportation ambassador in your community? In order to make the road safer for everyone in India, it is important to remember and share what you learn. We know how important it is to keep safe, and that is why we want to share our best safety road safety tips with you with the help of some of our best friends!
Well, here are a few things you can do to help:
- Always look both ways before crossing ANY street.
- ALWAYS cross the street at an intersection where you see the “zebra” stripes.
- NEVER cross between parked vehicles.
- Be alert when you are walking – DO NOT text and walk!
When riding your bike, a scooter, a skateboard or motorcycle , always remember to wear a helmet that fits with the straps securely fastened to your head.
You only get one head and one brain, so be sure to protect it!
When in a car, ALWAYS fasten your seat belt! This is the single most important thing you can do when you ride in a car.
- Never distract the person driving the car. Whether it is your mother, father, or a bus driver, do not do anything that would take the driver’s attention away from the road.
- When travelling by train, always give plenty of space between you and the doors of the train.
- Take a seat when you get on the train. If there are no seats, hold on to a safety rail.
- ALWAYS keep your head in the train while it is in motion.
- NEVER play on the train tracks.
- Stand clear of the platform and wait for the train to come to a complete stop.
- Make sure you wait for those getting off the train to do so before you try to get on.
- Never drive or ride your bike when you are very tired.
- It is very important to be well rested and awake in order to make sure you and the passengers in the car/bus are safe!
- All drivers must be 100% alert, 100% of the time.
Do you have any other suggestions or ideas? Think of the best way to help keep people in your community safe and share your knowledge of road safety with others! Let us know your ideas on Facebook and Twitter!